This is my third time to write about the power of relationships, absolutely my favorite subject to expound upon. When I begin a new blog on a topic I have written about before, I read my previous blogs. I don’t like to brag, but I must say that the first one I wrote for is one of my favorite blogs. You can take a look by clicking on September 2013 Power of Relationships. My feeling about the two people featured still holds true.
We all think of different aspects of relationships. Are we talking about business relationships, friend relationships, life partner relationships, or family relationships? Is doesn’t really matter. The same principles apply to all forms of relationships. Developing and maintaining healthy relationships takes work, and the payback will ultimately prove to be worth the effort.
I wanted to be profound in my message, but find myself depending on other notable people to say so succinctly what I believe in my heart. Enjoy 10 carefully selected quotes that resonate with me and hopefully, you.
- “A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.” ~~ Walter Winchell
- “People are lonely because they build walls instead of bridges.”~~ Joseph F. Newton Men
- “You don’t develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity.” ~~ Epicurus
- “Constant kindness can accomplish much. As the sun makes ice melt, kindness causes misunderstanding, mistrust and hostility to evaporate.” ~~ Albert Schweitzer
- “You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you.” ~~ Dale Carnegie
- “Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, ‘What! You too? I thought I was the only one.’” ~~ C.S. Lewis
- “We can improve our relationships with others by leaps and bounds if we become encouragers instead of critics.” ~~ Joyce Meyer
- “It is of practical value to learn to like yourself. Since you must spend so much time with yourself you might as well get some satisfaction out of the relationship.” ~~ Norman Vincent Peale
- “It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” ~~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
In closing, I’m featuring three amazing sisters. They are the kindest, most caring, beautiful women from the very being of their souls. I refer to the Henggeler sisters, originally from Brownsville but living in San Antonio. They are Madeleine Justice, married to Laurence, Kristine Funk, married to Jerry, and Virginia Harris, married to John. Their genuine kindness in all that they do, much being as a team, is mind-boggling. They put others first in their lives and would give the blouses off their backs to help them. A dear friend of mine who knew only one of the three sisters was diagnosed with cancer this past year. After one very nice afternoon at Kristine’s home with the three sisters and myself, my friend is overwhelmed by their generosity of time and compassion which continues to overflow with cards, phone calls, loving baskets left on her porch, baked goodies and so much more. How wonderful this world, we live in, would be if people were more like Madeleine, Kristine, and Virginia!